Aren't my eyes pretty?

Aren't my eyes pretty?

Friday, January 7, 2011

My Passion for Socks

Okay everybody has something that they may not want others to know. In my case it is a passion for cotton socks. I am not so sure why I love them so much but I just do. Being a cat I would say I surely don't want to wear them, hehe. Maybe it is the way mom folds them into this nice little sort of a knot. So it started when mom goes and leaves her sock drawer open just a little. She is always in a hurry in the morning because she can't get the day started without caffiene. I purrsonally don't like it much, it smells good and unless there is cream & sugar. Well I just shudder at that. Well on with my story, so one day she leaves and didn't even notice she left it open just enough for me to go and stick my paw in. Inch by inch my little paw pries it open. I discover all these beautiful white cotton socks. They are in there gleaming and beckoning to me. So at first I smell them, then I gently put my teeth into a pair and off I go with it. They are so light weight and very comfy to my teeth. Next I go and find a nice little hiding place for my prize which is under the bed. Every morning I wait and watch for mom to leave the drawer open just once again. This routine goes on for a month and mom is never the clever. Well until I hear her say that somehow just knows something is happening with her socks, she even goes out and buys some more. This is the funny part, she goes and buys a big bag full. There is about 10 or 12 pairs in the bag, I watch her and await until she leaves the drawer open again. However, the very next day she drops a earring on the floor by the bed; what she discovers next is my obession. She sees these neat little piles of my treasure. I feel a little embarassed, but my love overcomes the embarassment. Well mom has wised up and doesn't leave the drawer open any longer. However, she did go and give me my very own pair of socks to keep as my own.

4 comments:

  1. Ooooh, this is a great idea, eh!! If my roommates would let me upstairs, I would totally do this. However, I only rule on the first floor... but there is a laundry room... hmmmm...

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's like Mooch, the cat in the comic strip Mutts, who sings "Little pink sock" as he bunny kicks one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ha ha - that's the strangest obsession I've ever heard of buddy. You are sooo funny. I've heard of kitties swiping the ladies jewelry, but not socks! We has a sock monster in our house too, but it's not me - it's the sock eating noisy machine in the basement.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha! It feels good to come clean doesn't it? To let everyone know abt ur sock fetish? Well...now I know what to send u for ur birthday! And hey...it's not like I can say too much. Peeps posted that darn picture of me in the drawers drawer! I love laying on the undies! ;)
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete